What to Do if You Are Not Satisfied With the Resolution of Your Report

Over the past decade Snappers from all over Australia and New Zealand have been thrilled to see issues in their community resolved after reporting them via Snap Send Solve. 

Our 4.7 star App Store rating is a testament to both the seamless user experience as well as the excellent results that the app can help to achieve. 

Sometimes issues reported through Snap Send Solve are resolved so quickly, it almost seems like magic! However there are many people working hard behind the scenes to ensure that your local area is in great condition. 

Local Councils, telcos, utilities and a variety of other authorities work around the clock to maintain their assets and ensure that communities are safe and clean for their residents. 

However, sometimes a reported issue is not resolved. Here’s what you can do if you have not received an adequate response to a report you have made about an issue in your area. 

  1. Report it via Snap Send Solve 

This is an easy one! Snap Send Solve is available free from the App Store and GooglePlay and takes the guesswork out of figuring out who is responsible for issues in your area. Completing a report is quick and easy, and is an efficient way of reporting on the go. It’s a no brainer. 

  1. Call the Local Council / Authority Customer Service Desk

If the issue still has not been resolved, the next step is to contact the customer service desk of the responsible authority and quote your Snap Send Solve reference number. This reference number can be found within the app in your report history, as well as in the confirmation email you would have received from Snap Send Solve when you submitted the report. The relevant authority should then provide you with an update on the status of your report and why it has not yet been resolved. 

  1. Contact Elected Members (Councils Only)

If your local Council is the responsible authority for resolving the issue and you are still not satisfied with the response, you can reach out to the elected members of your municipality.

Councillors are elected by the residents and ratepayers of the municipality and it is their duty to resolve Council issues to the best of their ability. Contact details for your local elected members can be found on Council websites. 

  1.  Contact Ombudsman 

Finally, if you still have concerns regarding the issue you have reported, you can contact the Ombudsman of the relevant authority. The Ombudsman will be able to follow up on your issue and ensure that everything has been handled correctly. Contacting the Ombudsman should be a final step, after following up with the relevant authority directly. 

We are confident that the vast majority of Snap Send Solve reports are handled correctly, however this guide can be used on occasions when you may require further follow up. 

Thanks for using Snap Send Solve and making your community a better place!